Monday, July 8, 2013

To My Hero Blog Stop



 Buy Links
Amazon | B&N | Kobo

It would’ve been different if I had courage, even an ounce of it. But I was a coward from the day I met you, Ryan Crowley. I still am. In the end it doesn’t matter. The bottom line is the same. It’s my fault. 

When the unthinkable happens Carly Cavanough is left beaten, betrayed, and devastated. Her best friend doesn’t understand. Her parents won’t listen. Everyone in her life turns against her. She’s alone. Completely alone, except for Ryan Crowley, the boy she’s been crushing on for years. She won’t admit to him what she can’t admit to herself. But he understands without words. He knows more about what she’s going through than she can possibly imagine and he knows what it will take to start the healing. 

With Ryan’s help Carly begins to piece together the fragments of her once perfect life and embarks on a journey of love and healing, just long enough for the rug to be pulled out from under her again. Can she find the strength and will to pull herself together to save Ryan and herself when their lives are on the line?
I’ve been sitting here for weeks trying to figure out how to review this book. I’ve found it hardest to write a review about a book that touches home, that speaks to your soul. Not because the book is bad, quite the opposite actually. It’s hard because there’s so many emotions and feeling flowing through you that you don’t even know where to begin.

Danielle Sibarium is one of my favorite authors. I fell in love with Jordan Brewer from her book For Always, and like any diehard fan, I’ve read every book she’s published since I stumbled upon her. For Always was my favorite but it’s now tied with To My Hero. This isn’t a book for the fainthearted. It deals with a tough subject that people face EVERDAY but it goes unnoticed. It’s a subject some girls wouldn’t dare to bring up, because somehow we feel like it’s our fault. I say we because I’m in that category. Rape isn’t something that should be joked about and it saddens me to see the media and the world shy away from it. All because it’s not brought to the forefront, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or happen.

Trust me when I say it does happen and sometimes it’s the people you least expect it to come from. I applaud Danielle for tackling this subject, for doing the research and asking the questions. She wrote this book tastefully and accurately. It’s by far, in my opinion, the best book she’s written so far. So you’re probably wondering about the book by now right? Well here’s a little bit on it.

Carly likes this guy Ryan, but the time never seems right. When the chance arises she’s cut short by her parents and a guy is practically forced upon her to date. It’s expected with her family and the chance of her and Ryan diminish but the feelings never go away. Showing up late to the party has Carly’s lack of a better word, boyfriend angry and when he sees her talking to Ryan it doesn’t help the situation. By the time Ryan finds her it’s too late. The damage has been done, but where do you go from there. Is there somewhere to go? Ryan doesn’t give up and this is why I fell in love with him. He tries to help Carly as much as he can, but you can only go so far before giving up.
But Ryan’s ex-girlfriend is also playing a roll into the drama that’s trying to separate Ryan and Carly, but who’s really to blame? Her or Ryan? Trust is a big thing in relationships and without trust you don’t have that solid foundation. So can Carly trust Ryan? Can Ryan trust Carly? This book is an emotional roller coaster that will have you feeling each and every emotion to the maximum extent. It will have you crying in spots, hoping for the future and leave you extremely happy. Sometimes love conquers all and sometimes you just need to blog it out. 

I have a thing with reading. I like... no LOVE music and no matter what situation I'm in, I can always turn to music to help me get through it. Danielle's books always strike a cord in me and the song "Never Too Late" by Three Days Grace is one of many that remind me of Carly's struggle. I can hear Ryan singing it to her, because if we all face it.. it's Never Too Late.
<3 Dani




Author Bio:
Danielle Sibarium author of For Always and the Heart Waves Series grew up in Brooklyn, New York. Throughout her childhood, she transported herself into a fantasy world full of magic and wonder. Books were the gateway between her play world and reality. On any given summer afternoon she became Snow White sweeping and cooking for the dwarfs, or Cinderella waiting for the prince.

In 2004 Danielle won Honorable Mention in the Southern Heat contest. In 2007 she collaborated with Charlotte Doreen Small to write songs for her CD More. Danielle wrote the lyrics for Take My Hand, and Goodbye, while Charlotte contributed the melody.

Danielle graduated from Farleigh Dickinson University with honors, and currently lives in New Jersey with her husband and three children.

Stalk Danielle

Giveaway US Only 
Giveaway International only 

No comments:

Post a Comment