Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Teaser Tuesday

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all have had a fabulous week so far! I'm still trying to get back into the normal routine after having a few days off to enjoy the awesomeness that came from being at UTOPYA CON in Nashville this past weekend. Amazing, meeting authors that I look up to and making new friends, was the perfect weekend. But today is Teaser Tuesday and it's been a while since I've done a teaser from Deviation, so I decided it was time. As of right now Deviation is supposed to release on July 22, 2013 but I might be pushing that back. I'm not sure just yet, but I want to make sure its absolutely perfect before I release it. I've learned a lot since releasing Entrelacen and  I don't want to make the same mistakes with Deviation. If that means pushing back my release date, then that's what I'm going to have to do. I apologize to those of you who are wanting it in your hands already, and thank you for your support. Okay enough of that... here is your teaser. (Subject to change) I hope you like it!

“No, Angel. Obviously I don’t see that. You want to know what I see every time I look in the mirror?” He nods his head, his is jaw clenched and I can literally feel the anger rolling off of him in waves. “When I look in the mirror, all that I see is a broken girl. I see a girl who survived when she should have died, a girl who was bounced around from one foster home to another and told she was just a filthy bitch who would only be good for sex. I see a girl whose dreams died a long time ago and the only thing that keeping me alive right now is drugs and booze.
Happy now? Do you feel better now that you know the truth? Maybe instead of trying to find me you should’ve just stayed clear of me. Maybe death is the only direction left for me to take? Maybe I don’t want you to try and save me.”
I’m so pissed off that my body is actually vibrating with anger. The need to punch something is so great that, it’s exactly what I do. I punch the damn door with so much force that I hear a crack. Angel heard it too and is trying to grab my hand before I punch the door again. I’m so mad that I don’t feel any pain yet. I know I should be crying, collapsing to the floor and writhing in pain, but I’m not. Instead, I’m pulling hands away from Angel and reach into my backpack for what I need.  I pop 2 dream pills and chase them down with some Vodka.
Angel isn’t looking too happy with me right now. I’m sitting on the floor waiting for everything to take effect while he paces back and forth in front of me. He’s pissed off now but I’m not anymore since my little cocktail is finally taking affect. I try to stand up but I fall down. I sigh loudly and Angel, who’s scowling at me, helps me up
“Are you going to let me help you now?” he says, clenching his teeth in anger. It doesn’t faze me, “Whatever Angel, I don’t need your help but, since I can’t exactly drive my bike safely right now, do you mind if I just crash on your couch?” I reply without emotion since I seriously don’t care.

“Umm, no you can’t sleep on the couch. You can go sleep room I got ready for you."




No comments:

Post a Comment